Meet Tina and the Team
Passionate about helping clients to create a healthier and happier body to live in. Supportive, challenging, caring and using a more mindful approach to exercise.
I have been practicing Pilates for more than 15 years. In a world where there is so much pressure on everyone to achieve more and do things at an ever-increasing pace, I discovered Pilates. From the very beginning, the feeling of contentment and having worked my body in a way I had never experienced before I got at the end of a class meant I was hooked pretty quickly. And, of course, the results that I noticed after about 10 sessions, such as improvements in strength and flexibility were an added bonus which helped keep me coming back to the mat.
Today I’m all about sharing that love and allow clients to fulfil their potential. I’m into bodies – anatomy and biodynamics and how they impact on a person’s mental and physical wellbeing. I hear many people say they didn’t get Pilates and yes, it can be a bit technical. Pilates is really about the right bits and bops being in the right places and I never tire of using a range of techniques to suit client’s requirements, so they too can benefit from Pilates.
I always endeavour to explain the reasons behind performing Pilates exercises and encourage my clients to look at improving functional movement patterns (applying Pilates to every day movement). I break exercises that can seem complex and technical down and teach using a variety of cues.
Discover muscles you didn’t know you had, tone and define muscles you haven’t been able to see results with before, release tense muscles providing more length and flexibility. I aim to make all my lessons enjoyable, challenging, informative and effective. I work with clients towards their goals, giving them 100% attention and offering a supportive and stimulating environment to achieve these in.
My philosophy and ethos is that exercise should be accessible to everyone, regardless of age and fitness level. Clients are supported, encouraged and motivated by our strong and positive team of instructors, who I selected for their technical skills but equally for their passion to want to help clients and see them improve and progress. Let Soo Pilates be the making of you!
- Pilates Teacher – Pilates Foundation trained – Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Matwork, Pilates for the older person, Pilates with small equipment
- Pre- and Post-Natal Pilates Teacher – The Mindful Body
- Post-Natal Yoga Training – TriYoga
- Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist – London School of Sports and Remedial Massage
- Posture Coach & Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation for Soft Tissue Therapist – London School of Sports and Remedial Massage (David Katz)
- Baby Massage Instructor – IAIM International Association of Infant Massage
- Hypnobirthing Teacher – Kathrine Graeves Hypnobirthing
- Restoring the Core Teacher – mbodies Training Academy (Heather King-Smith)
- Advanced CRB Checked
- Further training in anatomy at Charing Cross Hospital
- First Aid trained